If you’re a vape enthusiast, you’ve probably heard of mesh coils, but you might not know exactly what they are or how they work. Mesh coils are a relatively new type of heating element that are becoming increasingly popular in the world of vaping. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at what mesh coils are, how they work, and why they’re worth considering for your next vaping setup.
What are Mesh Coils?
Mesh coils are a type of heating element that are used in vape devices. They are made of a thin piece of metal mesh that is wrapped into a cylindrical shape and placed inside the vape tank. The mesh acts as a conductor, heating up the e-liquid that is in contact with it and producing vapor.
How do Mesh Coils Work?
When the vape device is activated, the battery sends power to the coil, which heats up the mesh. As the mesh heats up, it vaporizes the e-liquid that is in contact with it. The vapor then travels up through the vape device and into the user’s mouth.
Benefits of Mesh Coils
There are several benefits to using mesh coils in a vape device. One of the main advantages is that they tend to produce a smoother, more consistent vapor compared to traditional coils. Additionally, mesh coils tend to have a longer lifespan than traditional coils, which means that they will need to be replaced less frequently. Finally, mesh coils tend to have a larger surface area than traditional coils, which allows for more even heating and a more flavorful vape experience.
Mesh Coils vs. Traditional Coils
Mesh coils differ from traditional coils in several ways. First and foremost, the shape and composition of the heating element is different. Traditional coils are typically made of a single wire that is wrapped into a spiral shape, while mesh coils are made of a flat piece of metal mesh that is wrapped into a cylindrical shape. Additionally, mesh coils tend to have a larger surface area than traditional coils, which allows for more even heating and a more flavorful vape experience.
Types of Mesh Coils
There are several different types of mesh coils available on the market, each with its own unique properties and characteristics. Some of the most common types of mesh coils include:
- Kanthal Mesh Coils: These are the most common type of mesh coil and are made of a blend of iron, chromium, and aluminum.
- Stainless Steel Mesh Coils: These are made of stainless steel and tend to have a slightly longer lifespan than Kanthal mesh coils.
- Nickel Mesh Coils: These are made of nickel and tend to produce a very pure, clean-tasting vapor.
Choosing the Right Mesh Coil
Choosing the right mesh coil for your vape device can be a bit overwhelming, as there are so many different options to choose from. Some factors to consider when selecting a mesh coil include:
- Material: Different types of mesh coils are made of different materials, each with its own unique properties and characteristics.
- Resistance: The resistance of the coil will impact the amount of power that is required to heat it up, as well as the amount of vapor that is produced.
- Wattage Range: The wattage range of the coil will determine how much power can be safely applied to it.
How to Install a Mesh Coil
Installing a mesh coil is a relatively simple process, but it’s
important to make sure that you do it correctly to avoid any issues. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to install a mesh coil in your vape device:
- Make sure that your device is turned off and that the tank is empty.
- Unscrew the base of the tank and remove the old coil.
- Prime the new mesh coil by saturating it with e-liquid.
- Insert the new mesh coil into the base of the tank and screw it in tightly.
- Fill the tank with e-liquid and let it sit for a few minutes to allow the coil to fully saturate.
- Reattach the top of the tank to the base and make sure that everything is properly secured.
- Turn on your device and enjoy!
Mesh Coil Maintenance
Like any other part of your vape device, mesh coils require regular maintenance to keep them functioning properly. Some tips for maintaining your mesh coils include:
- Clean your coils regularly to prevent buildup of e-liquid residue and other debris.
- Replace your mesh coils when they begin to show signs of wear or degradation.
- Use e-liquids that are compatible with your mesh coils to prevent damage.
Common Issues with Mesh Coils
While mesh coils are generally reliable and long-lasting, there are some common issues that users may experience. Some of these issues include:
- Dry hits: This occurs when the e-liquid is not properly saturated in the mesh coil, leading to a burnt taste.
- Hot spots: Hot spots occur when the mesh coil heats unevenly, leading to an uneven and less flavorful vapor.
- Coil degradation: Over time, mesh coils may become worn or damaged, leading to a decrease in performance.
Mesh coils are a relatively new and innovative type of heating element that are becoming increasingly popular among vapers. They offer a range of benefits, including a smoother and more flavorful vapor, longer lifespan, and larger surface area. While there are some common issues that users may experience, proper maintenance and care can help to mitigate these issues and ensure a great vaping experience.